Thursday, March 28, 2013

My Birthday Boy!


So I'm kind of famous "with my husband" for my Chicken Pot Pie!  So being the lovely wife that I am I make it for his Birthday every year. 
 

2 cups flour, 1/3 cup water, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 2 stick...yes 2 stick of butter cubed
 

Mix all in the food processor
 

Knead together...DO not over knead!
 

Now for the Chicken...some butter, garlic, and italian seasoning.
 

Mix up
 

Roast chicken at 325 degrees for 1 hour
 

Hello my perfect chicken pot pie bowls!  We meet again :)
 

Saute chicken, broccoli, carrots, and garlic in Olive oil.  Set aside.  Then make a rue (butter and flour) pour 2 cups of chicken stock and 1/2 cup of cream and let thicken; don't forget to salt & pepper.  Simply place all of the above ingredients in the bowls.
 

Place the yummy dough on top...be sure to eat some dough it's so TASTY :)
 

The Hubby adding more dough :)
 

Important...put a few slits in the dough.
 

Oh delicious!
 

For dessert homemade dark chocolate and peanut butter cups with a little wine!  Perfect end to the hubby's 29th Birthday!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment