Thursday, January 31, 2013

I didn't know...

  • I could love Quinn as much as I do
  • I would worry non-stop that Quinn is ok.  Seriously if there's a small red bump on his bum...I'm like Bradford it's serious lets call the doctor!  ;)
  • Breastfeeding would be such a bonding time for Quinn and I.  Granted those first 4 weeks were rough, but now we are both ol pros!  I love holding him in my arms and knowing I am giving him everything he needs.
  • My husband would take on the role of both mom and dad for a couple of weeks.  Since I had a C-section; moving out of the bed seemed like running a marathon "exhausting and painful".   I did not change a diaper until Quinn was 3 weeks old!  Bradford did EVERYTHING changed diapers, got peed and pooped on numerous times, brought Quinn to me during night feedings, rocked Quinn to sleep every night, and all with a smile.  Not only did he do everything for Quinn he would deal with my crazy postpartum self!  Looking back I'm not sure how he didn't shake me and say "Aubrey snap out of it"...I would cry over the craziest things #gladthatisover!!!  
  • How important it is to surround yourself with family.   I love how the grandparents adore every move Quinn makes.  This little boy is loved and blessed!
  • Lastly, I had no clue how much I wish time would stand still...my little boy is growing so fast!  
 Enjoying every moment,
Aubrey M

No comments:

Post a Comment